American Wirehaired Pointing Griffon
Health and Pedigree Database Policies
Dogs can be included in the database if they meet one of the following criteria:
- The dog is a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon that is registered with one of the following:
- American Kennel Club (AKC)
- Canadian Kennel Club (CKC)
- North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association (NAVHDA)
- The Kennel Club (KC – United Kingdom Kennel Club)
- Société Centrale Canine (SCC - French kennel club) or any other Fédération Cynologique Internationale (FCI) member club.
- Or, the dog is a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon that is in the pedigree of an AKC, CKC, or NAVHDA registered dog.
- Or, the dog is a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon that is a littermate of an AKC, CKC, or NAVHDA registered dog.
Who can submit data
- Anyone who owns, co-owns, or has bred a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon (WPG) may submit pedigree data to be added or updated. You do not need to be a member of the AWPGA to submit data. Owners and breeders are encouraged to submit data on their WPGs.
- Breeders can submit pedigree data for their own dogs and those they have bred. The current owner is the only one who can submit health information.
- Owners can submit pedigree and health data for their own dogs.
- Anonymous submissions of data are not accepted.
- The AWPGA will not be responsible for resolving disputes among co-owners. We assume that any discussion between co-owners regarding submission of data has been held before the data is submitted.
- In order to maintain the integrity of the database, all Certification information will be verified before being visible on the site.
- Verification will be one of the following methods:
- The information is provided in a file directly by the testing agency, such as OFA.
- The information is publically visible on the web site of the testing agency, such as OFA or NAVHDA.
- The information is on a Certified AKC, CKC, or NAVHDA pedigree.
- The owner or breeder will forward us an unaltered copy of the certificate issued by the testing agency.
- All Health/Disease information is classified as “anecdotal” until the owner or breeder provides us with an unaltered copy of a written report (diagnosis or pathology) from a professional in the field. Upon receipt of verified documentation the classification will be changed to "Diagnosed". This classification system helps users and researchers evaluate the accuracy of the diagnosis.
- The AWPGA values your privacy very much. It is our policy to not provide lists of names and addresses to any outside group or organization.
- To protect the integrity of the database, our computers do record the fact that you have logged into the site and if you have submitted information. User activity within the database is not tracked (searches made, dogs viewed, etc.).
- Submission of photos of individual dogs is encouraged. Up to 4 photos per dog. If possible, at least one of the photos should be a side view of the dog standing
- The AWPGA may utilize the photos submitted on the website for other publications.
- Arranging for submission of copyrighted photos is your responsibility. The AWPGA will not be responsible for paying royalty fees on photos.
- Although the AWPGA does its best to ensure accuracy of data, it is always possible that human errors can occur. If you spot something in error, please notify us via email at email@example.com and we will do our best to research the data in question and make any corrections to data we find is in error.
- One of the AWPGA’s goals is to have pedigrees as complete and accurate as possible. We really prefer to have owners send us copies of certified pedigrees so that our data is as accurate as possible. For those cases where we do not have a certified pedigree, we do our best to fill in missing data with information that may be available from unofficial sources. This can include OFA or other databases. In some cases this data could be in error and the AWPGA makes no claim that our pedigree data is always 100% accurate. As mentioned above, if you spot something you believe might be in error, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will research the issue.